New Professional Computer Troubleshooting Kit Includes Advanced Test Devices,
Support for Newly Introduced Hardware Components, and Faster Diagnostics
RENO, Nev. (Feb. 24, 2009) – Global system health and computer diagnostics leader PC-Doctor Inc. today introduced its PC-Doctor Service Center 7 computer repair kit, a significant advancement of the industry's top PC troubleshooting software used by service organizations, independent PC repair professionals, small manufacturers and others.
The latest kit delivers new and faster diagnostics, more advanced test scripting, a significantly improved POST card for systems that won't boot, a drive-erase tool, and the ability to take detailed snapshots of the system under test to clearly show all changes made. Additionally, companies using Service Center 7 can present a professional image to their customers by providing customized test reports that include the company's logo, contact information, and technician name.
"Technicians who choose PC-Doctor Service Center 7 are able to take advantage of the same up-to-date professional diagnostics that four of the world's top five manufacturers pre-install on their PCs to reduce warranty and service delivery costs," said Doug van Aman, the company's chief marketing officer. "We routinely develop tests for new hardware well before those technologies are released to the general public, and are able to roll those advances into PC-Doctor Service Center, while continuing to support legacy systems."
Service Center 7 comes complete with more than 300 diagnostics, including high-level diagnostics for testing hardware and advanced drivers within the Windows operating system, and bootable diagnostics for low-level, direct testing of hardware, and for use when Windows will not boot. The new Windows tests support the latest components introduced by the world's leading manufacturers, including newly introduced video cards, Bluetooth network devices, CPUs and Blu-ray optical drives. Additionally, the bootable diagnostics include new, faster protected-mode memory tests that are based on PC-Doctor patents and capable of testing up to 64 gigabytes of memory.
Also included is a newly designed POST card for troubleshooting systems that cannot boot. Designed to make troubleshooting easier, the POST card has a new daughterboard on a flexible connector, making it easier to read error codes, bus speeds and system voltages on a remote display. Other highlights of the new PC-Doctor Service Center 7 include:
- Customizable reports: The computer repair tech has unprecedented control over both the content and the appearance of the reports generated by Service Center 7. These reports can be branded to include the company name, technician name, and the company logo, and can include system information, test information, and comparisons between system snapshots, showing hardware and driver changes that occurred during repair.
- System snapshots: Techs can take a snapshot of the system before they start repair, run diagnostics and replace hardware or make driver changes, then take another snapshot. All differences in the two sets of system information will be listed, including detailed hardware and driver information. The tech can include this information in the report given to the customer, allowing the customer to clearly see exactly what was done on their system. This establishes credibility and boosts customer confidence.
- Drive-erase capability: Our new tool wipes a hard drive to U.S. Defense Department specifications.
- SMART attributes log view: Shows all of the details from the drive SMART function.
- Support for CD/DVD checksum test: New test media supports this test while maintaining compatibility with older-version media.
- Test automation: Five predefined, broad-coverage test scripts are available directly from the home screen, as are up to five user-defined scripts.
- Redesigned user interface: The completely redesigned user interface provides much faster, cleaner access to all Service Center 7 features.
- Customizable links: A nearly unlimited number of links to user-defined test scripts, favorite Web addresses, and local files can be added to Service Center 7 for quick access when running on multiple systems. The top five links are also available directly from the home screen.
- Periodic updates: Customers may subscribe to receive updates to the diagnostics.
- Advanced user guide: Complete test descriptions for both Windows and DOS
Priced at $399, PC-Doctor Service Center 7 is available today directly from the company, either by visiting www.pcdservicecenter.com or by calling (866) 289-7237. It also is available from Amazon.com. The kit includes:
- a diagnostic CD containing both Windows and offline diagnostics,
- optical media for testing CD and DVD capabilities,
- a multipurpose USB device with LED indicators and bootable, low-level diagnostics to test systems without a hard drive, optical drive or display,
- parallel, serial, USB and Ethernet loopback adaptors,
- the newly designed PCI POST card,
- a power supply tester,
- documentation for both basic and advanced options, and
- a professional canvas case for carrying the kit onsite.
Founded in 1993, PC-Doctor Inc. develops diagnostics and other system health tools that help PC makers, service centers, and IT organizations reduce costs, improve quality and enhance customer satisfaction. With more than 180 million units shipped worldwide, PC-Doctor's diagnostics are pre-installed on systems from four of the world's top five PC manufacturers. In addition to Windows products, the company also develops diagnostics for Linux and other operating systems that run on leading Intel and AMD microprocessors. For more information about PC-Doctor and its products, visit www.pc-doctor.com or call (866) 289-7237. International customers should call (775) 336-4000.