Whether you are in the tech business full time or as a side line it is important to create as many connections and networking opportunities as possible to help your enterprise grow and prosper. One resource that can’t be overlooked is the alignment of your business with one or more trade associations related to your work.
I was organizing my e-mail this morning and came across a few recent announcements from several trade associations, all listed in The Force Field IT Business Resource Directory. I know some providers inside The Force Field know these associations but many may not be aware of them, so I wanted to take a few moments to get the word out to those who are interested in new opportunities to add value to their entrepreneurial endeavors.
I wanted to pass these announcements along to everyone but do not have time to write them up individually so I will highlight them in digest form. The associations are listed in alphabetical order.
ACRBO – Association of Computer Repair Business Owners
- New Preferred Vendor ProactiveWatch. You can provide that type of monitoring for any size business at an affordable cost. Some of the features are monitoring, management, access and remediation, reports, and many more. Normal pricing starts at $10/month with a $50 a month minimum, however minimum is waived for ACRBO members. If you do hit that $50 a month they will also provide 2 free licenses for your own use.
- Discount on CommitCRM packages. The CommitCRM package is a complete CRM, service management and billing solution. When corresponding with CommitCRM tell them that you belong to the Association.
- Virtual Administrator is offering discount per license for Hosted Kaseya.
Membership to ACRBO is FREE. Contact: Dan Hand. E-mail: dan(at)acrbo.com Web site: http://www.acrbo.com
Dan was interviewed on his book in The Force Field Episode 8 – The Computer Repair Business by Dan Hand.
- The 2010 ASCII Reseller Success Summit. One day event for solution providers features workshops on selling and providing Managed Services. Event dates NY/NJ, May 6, 2010, Chicago, June 3, 2010, Orlando, September 16, 2010
Boston, October 14, 2010. FREE Special VIP Pass ($975 value) for subscribers to ChannelPro. Subscription to ChannelPro is free to qualified professionals.
Membership to ASCII Group from $125 month. Web site: http://www.ascii.com
- CompTIA Breakaway 2010. Annual event August 9-12 2010 in San Antonio Texas. Admission is FREE to CompTIA members, Early Bird rate of $199 for non-members until April 30, 2010.
Membership to CompTIAis annual and dues are based on organization type and membership level. Web site: http://www.comptia.org
NASBA – The Association of Channel Resellers
- Newegg Business. NASBA announced a B2B volume discount program from Newegg.
- Kaspersky Lab teams with NASBA. Discounts on volume license packs purchased through D&H Distributing.
- D&H and NASBA discount program. Resellers receive discounts on purchases through D&H distributing.
- Innovative Visions partnership. NASBA has partnered with a VoIP consultancy for voice and data services allowing members to earn extra revenue reselling VoIP.
Membership to NASBA is FREE. Contact: Frank Raimondi. E-mail: frank(at)nasba.com. Web site: http://www.nasba.com.
Learn more about NASBA in The Force Field Episode 35 – Partner With Your Vendors.