Software > Open Source (PUBLIC)

Zentyal RDP

<< < (2/7) > >>

Todd Hughes:
HTTPS over SSH tunnel, that's how us *nix guys do it. If your are doing VNC/RDP make sure it's encrypted.  :wink:

Parrish:

--- Quote from: Todd Hughes on February 05, 2011, 04:30:32 PM ---HTTPS over SSH tunnel, that's how us *nix guys do it. If your are doing VNC/RDP make sure it's encrypted.  :wink:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Not from outside the LAN, so I am not worried about security
--- End quote ---
:D

bfarmer:

--- Quote from: Todd Hughes on February 05, 2011, 04:30:32 PM ---HTTPS over SSH tunnel, that's how us *nix guys do it.

--- End quote ---

Explain. You get the ebox desktop over https? I'm not talking about the administration screen, I want access to the actual desktop.

Aftewr I get this thing up and running, I'll have you tell me where it is insecure. :)  (and how to fix it)

Parrish:
BTW, when you use SBS it does RDP over SSL by default.  There is a webpage you can log in to- via HTTPS- that will then show you all the available desktops/servers on the LAN.  Then you can click on whatever system you want and RDP in to it (you have to login to the PC mind you).  It sets up the connection using SSL and the SBS box is the RDP gateway.

Very, very slick.

Todd Hughes:
Desktop? No, SSH tunnel can only do one protocol per tunnel so RDP/VNC is correct in this case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version