Software > Open Source (PUBLIC)

What's new with eBox

<< < (6/9) > >>

jjwinter:
x2 on SME. Set one up for a church about a year ago. I just make the backups run, the rest I never have to tinker with and it works fine. They don't use it for mail though, just a file server.

Todd Hughes:
Bringing this thread back from a long nap.

I just upgraded to the latest version of eBox (now Zentyal), this thing rocks. I especially like the free registration for a Zentyal Remote Community Edition cloud account: free dyn dns, daily free backup into the cloud, free wildcard subdomain registration (in case you host services), etc.

I loves me some Zentyal!

Parrish:

--- Quote from: Todd Hughes on January 08, 2013, 07:19:54 PM ---Bringing this thread back from a long nap.

I just upgraded to the latest version of eBox (now Zentyal), this thing rocks. I especially like the free registration for a Zentyal Remote Community Edition cloud account: free dyn dns, daily free backup into the cloud, free wildcard subdomain registration (in case you host services), etc.

I loves me some Zentyal!

--- End quote ---
The dynamic DNS part- who are they using for that? You typed dyn dns but is it really DynDNS?  I ask only because DynDNS is no longer free.

Todd Hughes:
They offer their own dynamic dns service. I just used the term "dyn dns" because I'm lazy and didn't feeling like typing the whole word.

Parrish:

--- Quote from: Todd Hughes on January 08, 2013, 10:06:06 PM ---They offer their own dynamic dns service. I just used the term "dyn dns" because I'm lazy and didn't feeling like typing the whole word.

--- End quote ---
I ask only because I'm trying (well not trying very hard) to find a good alternative to DynDNS.  Now that I use LogMeIn for most all my clients it's almost a non-issue.  That and most of my clients are setup with static IP's anyway.  Still, there are a few with dynamic addresses that have services they want to access remotely (like security DVR's) that a dynamic dns is perfect for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version