Start a Computer Business with the Computer Business Kit

Author Topic: Anyone have a terms and agreemnt payment form?  (Read 785 times)

Offline vancouvertech

Anyone have a terms and agreemnt payment form?
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »
I will no longer take a companies word for it, to visit and do any kind of work without first creating a account, then have them pre pay for a walk though/site survey. But also want a terms and agreement legal form for larger jobs taking over a day. I talked to my attorney and it will cost $300-$500 to draft one up. She also stated if I had one that I can make some changes to and have them create then it would cost me $300.00

So, if anyone has a T&A form and we can talk about the legalities of getting paid and our responsibilities in the form that would be great :)

Offline edpallo

Re: Anyone have a terms and agreemnt payment form?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
Well a coupla comments:

a) In today's marketplace, I doubt you will get any company to sign an agreement with you (or your company).  They will just keep routing the work order to more techs until one accepts it without conditions.

b) if you do want a T&C (terms & conditions) form, you are better off paying a lawyer to draft one, as a home grown form will almost never stand up in court (assuming a client of yours ever signs one).

Offline derek vandentop

• Tier 3 Member
Re: Anyone have a terms and agreemnt payment form?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
yeah hard to take these places word when you have alot of time and materials out on a job site for anything over a days work. i dont blame ya