Start a Computer Business with the Computer Business Kit

Author Topic: TrueCrypt has been compromised, reported as unsafe by it's developers.  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Nathan Williams

• Tier 3 Member
  • Macgyvertech
  • Let there be Chrome

Offline witchdoctor

• Tier 2 Member
  • Macgyvertech
  • Trolling! Now accepting the marginally competent!
    • Witchdoctor.Digital
Both articles I've seen about this were by Sophos employees. One I read earlier said not a single Truecrypt developer had come forward to authenticate the sourceforge page. I won't hold my breath for the audit results, but I trust what I've seen so far less than I trust the open source security community. PGP would not out of the blue call themselves fake and recommend outlook.com for future secure e-mail needs.

Offline Nathan Williams

• Tier 3 Member
  • Macgyvertech
  • Let there be Chrome
They haven't come forth and said it was BS either.   Of course dead men tell no tales and no one knows who the authors of TrueCrypt really are.

Offline witchdoctor

• Tier 2 Member
  • Macgyvertech
  • Trolling! Now accepting the marginally competent!
    • Witchdoctor.Digital
Apparently I will hold my breath for the audit results, except wait, I've been holed up sick the past week and have a bathroom to finish remodeling, which has turned into a kitchen and whole home rewire, so you might say I've got better things to do. Still, this is better than soap opera!

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/05/truecrypt-security-audit-presses-on-despite-developers-jumping-ship/