Start a Computer Business with the Computer Business Kit

Author Topic: Acer Pulls Back From Windows To Focus On Android and Chromebook  (Read 2699 times)

Offline bfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor
    • WNY PC Repair
Re: Acer Pulls Back From Windows To Focus On Android and Chromebook
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:12 PM »
i refuse to be stuck to a desk. 2 ruptured discs will do that to ya.

laptop or tablet for me

I remember a time not that long ago when I wondered why so many people thought laptops were necessary,  never mind other stuff.  Now I'm sitting here typing on one (though I normally *do* use it with an adapter and a Model M keyboard! :-),  there's a tablet charging nearby,  and I have a smartphone that has more CPU power and memory in it than many of the desktop systems I've used in recent times...

Hm.

I rarely use my laptop any more. I use my desktop if I am home, and my tablet the rest, or my phone if I have to. Laptop takes too long to boot, even with an SSD

Offline slowhand53

• Tier 3 Member
  • Macgyvertech
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:47 AM »

laptop or tablet for me

I remember a time not that long ago when I wondered why so many people thought laptops were necessary,  never mind other stuff.  Now I'm sitting here typing on one (though I normally *do* use it with an adapter and a Model M keyboard! :-),  there's a tablet charging nearby,  and I have a smartphone that has more CPU power and memory in it than many of the desktop systems I've used in recent times...

Hm.

I rarely use my laptop any more. I use my desktop if I am home, and my tablet the rest, or my phone if I have to. Laptop takes too long to boot, even with an SSD
lappy boots when i want it to. most of the time it sleeps

Offline bfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor
    • WNY PC Repair
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »

laptop or tablet for me

Hm.

lappy boots when i want it to. most of the time it sleeps

I don't use mine often enough to sleep, the battery would go dead. It is way faster to just grab the iPad.